Dansco is proud to have worked with hundreds of dancers over the years, some of whom have gone on to professional dance, modeling, and cheerleading careers! Models are needed for our upcoming photo shoots, the results of which will appear in our national catalog, website, print advertisements and social media.
This is a great opportunity for area dancers (male and female) between the ages of 5 and 20 who have strong technique and a great personality. Due to the small size range of samples produced for our photo shoots, dancers must fit in xsc, sc, mc, lc or sa sized leotards. This is a selective process, not all applicants will be chosen.
We are looking for dancers who meet the following criteria:
- Excellent dancer with the ability to pose in the proper position and follow directions given to the by the poser and photographer.
- Photogenic person who is energetic and outgoing.
- Person who fits the costume properly
We accept applications year-round and also hold an annual open casting call. Completed applications should be submitted (either mailed or at an open call) along with two recent photos of the dancer, one face shot and one full body shot (dance attire preferred). These do not need to be professionally done, however we would suggest that in at least one photo the model should be smiling. We do not return photos, so please do not use ones that are needed back. We suggest applying once a year so that we have current measurement information.
- If applying by mail, a Dansco representative will contact you if we are interested in setting up an audition.
- Auditions and photo shoots are held at our Attleboro, MA location and are scheduled during the business week. Please keep in mind that Dansco does not compensate for travel expenses.
- Open Call information will be posed on our website and to our Facebook page (@danscocostumes)
- Dancers should arrive at auditions and open calls in leotard and tights, with hair in a ponytail. Male dancers should arrive in proper dance attire.
- Dancers should arrive at auditions and open calls with three dance poses/moves prepared that highlight your dance passion and personality.
- During auditions and open calls models will be measured for size category, a headshot and bodyshot will be taken, and you will be evaluated on technique and personality.
- This process does not provide immediate feedback. Due to the large amount of talented entries, we will only contact dancers if they are selected for a photo shoot. If selected, it could take several months before you are contacted depending upon our shooting schedule.
If you have further questions about the audition/open call process please email firstname.lastname@example.org - no phone calls please.
Download a Model Application Form